Decision Maker: Managing Director
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve that (subject to the conditions set by the Programme Appraisal Team (PAT)):
· The Transforming Cities Fund (TCF): Leeds City Centre Cycle Improvements Phase 1 scheme proceed through decision point 4 (Full business case) and work commences on activity 5 (delivery).
· Approval to the total scheme Phase 1 cost of £1.641 million (which will be funded from the Transforming Cities Fund Programme) is given.
The following conditions have been set by PAT to gain Approval to Proceed to Delivery:
· The total phase 1 scheme cost is within those set out in the FBC approval.
· The legal TRO process for Phase 1 scheme completed.
· The grant funding agreement has been agreed with the Combined Authority and is ready for signing.
Approval for the scheme to progress through Activity 5 (Full Business Case with finalised costs) and work commence on Activity 6 (Delivery).
To enable work to commence on phase 1 of the Leeds City Centre Cycle Improvements scheme which will to deliver improved cycling provision between Holbeck and the city centre, linking with existing facilities on Whitehall Road and the riverside as well as improving facilities across Crown Point Bridge connecting proposed facilities on A61 Hunslet Lane and existing cycle-paths on Kirkgate and Duke Street.
Publication date: 27/04/2021
Date of decision: 23/04/2021
Effective from: 06/05/2021