Decision Maker: Managing Director
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Approval for the scheme to progress through
Activity 5 (Full Business Case with finalised costs) and work
commence on Activity 6 (Delivery).
To approve that:
· The CityConnect Phase 3: Leeds scheme proceeds through decision point 5 and work commences on activity 6 (Delivery).
· Approval to the total scheme value of £6.355 million is given, to be fully funded from the West Yorkshire plus Transport Fund.
The Combined Authority enters into an addendum to the existing Funding Agreement with Leeds City Council for expenditure of up to £6.355 million from the West Yorkshire plus Transport Fund.
To enable delivery to commence on three individual schemes:
· The 3km Elland Road Cycle superhighway
· The 1.5km (each way) Dewsbury Road scheme
· The 0.5km (each way) Claypit Lane scheme
all being funded through the CityConnect programme, and leading to improvements to the cycling environment, including enhanced safety provision for cyclists and pedestrians through segregated facilities, including a total of 6km of segregated cycle tracks, signalised junctions and signal controlled pedestrian and cycle crossings.
Publication date: 12/10/2020
Date of decision: 09/10/2020
Effective from: 21/10/2020